Date last updated: 01/06/2021
1. Legal notice
In accordance with the provisions of Articles 6-III and 19 of the Law no. 2004-575 of June 21, 2004 for Confidence in the Digital Economy, SATT SAYENS draws the attention of Internet users and visitors (hereinafter referred to as “Users”) of the site https://www.sayens.fr/ (hereinafter referred to as the “Sayens Site”) to the following information:
- the Sayens Site is published by SATT Sayens, hereinafter referred to as “SAYENS”, SATT SAYENS SAS with a capital of 1,396,300, having its registered office at the Maison Régionale de L’Innovation, 64 A rue de Sully – CS 77124, 21 071, Dijon cedex, registered with the Dijon Trade and Companies Register under number 501 704 969, contactable by telephone at: +33 (0)3 80 40 34 80 and by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- the director of the publication is Catherine GUILLEMIN, president of SAYENS;
- the Sayens website is hosted on the servers of SAYENS, whose head office is located at Maison Régionale de L’Innovation, 64 A rue de Sully – CS 77124, 21 071, Dijon cedex, contactable by telephone at: +33 (0)3 80 40 34 80 and by email at: email@example.com.
2. General Conditions of Use
SAYENS operates the Sayens Website, www.sayens.fr, which allows the User to obtain information on Sayens’ projects, news and offers.
The User has access to the Sayens Site through their own means of access (telephone, computer, digital tablet) and by bearing the cost of their means of access (internet subscription, etc.).
The law applicable to these GCUs is French law, the competent jurisdiction being that of common law.
In these GCUs, each of the terms below is understood, with or without capital letters, in the sense of the following definition:
- The term “Database(s)” refers to all databases and sub-databases accessible via the Sayens Site, including the database of technology offers.
- The terms “Design” and “Model” refer to any design or model, whether or not it has been registered as a design or model, present on the Sayens Site.
- The term “Brand” refers to any distinctive sign, of any nature, whether or not it has been registered as a brand, present on the Sayens Site.
- The term “Means of Access” refers to all computer and electronic communication means allowing the User to access the Sayens Site, such as a computer, a telephone and an Internet connection.
- The term “Work” refers to any original intellectual creation protected by copyright, present on the Sayens Site.
- The term “Communication Tools” refers to all elements allowing SAYENS to communicate on its activities and actions, notably to the User.
The Communication Tools include in particular:
- Designs and Models,
- Works in any form whatsoever (visual, audio, text, etc.),
- Presentation videos, for example about supporting researchers to promote their research results,
- as well as: commercial names, graphic and color charters, logos, signs, slogans, domain names, without this list being exhaustive.
These GCUs govern the User’s access to the Sayens Site and in particular the applicable restrictions of use.
SAYENS allows the User to browse the Sayens Site, provided that the User respects all the conditions that apply to them.
Thses GCUs are opposable to the User as soon as they start browsing the Sayens Site.
The User must have the necessary and adapted means of access to the Sayens Site.
5. Respecting the regulations
The User is obliged to respect all legislation, regulations and procedures that are imposed on them, concerning access to the Sayens Site.
6. Access to the Sayens Site
SAYENS makes every effort to provide the User with access to the Sayens Site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except in case of temporary unavailability due to technical failure, maintenance operations or lack of coverage of the Internet access networks.
7. Prohibited uses of Sayens
a. Harm to others
While accessing the Sayens Site, the User is forbidden to cause harm of any kind whatsoever to SAYENS or any third party, in particular by:
- disclosing to a third party the contact details of SAYENS personnel made available on the Sayens Site;
- using the contact details of SAYENS personnel made available on the Sayens Site for commercial prospecting purposes or for sending any other inappropriate message or communication;
- sending contact forms for requests unrelated to the activities and actions of SAYENS;
- uploading to the Sayens Site, or transmitting, in any way whatsoever, and by any technological means whatsoever, in particular via the contact form, content that is illegal, fraudulent, prejudicial, abusive, threatening, insulting, harassing, of a criminal nature, defamatory, racist, anti-Semitic, vulgar, obscene, revisionist, homophobic, insulting, pornographic, pedophilic, contrary to public decency, infringing on a person’s privacy, odious or derogatory, or racially, ethnically, religiously, or otherwise offensive.
b. Violation of the operation of the Sayens Site and security
While accessing the Sayens Site, the User is prohibited from, in any way whatsoever:
- attempting to implement or implementing, in any form whatsoever, and regardless of the technology used, any action that is malicious and/or presents a risk to the operation and/or security of all or part of the Sayens Site,
- attempting to probe, probing, attempt to test, testing the vulnerability of all or part of the Sayens Site,
- attempting to infringe, infringing the security measures of all or part of the Sayens Site,
- attempting to access or accessing space, data, programs, information, without being authorized by SAYENS.
8. Protection of intellectual property
a. Protection of the Sayens Site and its contents (“Protected Elements”)
The User is informed that the following are protected by intellectual property rights, without this list being exhaustive:
- The Sayens Site itself, including but not limited to:
- its architecture,
- its presentation,
- its graphic charter,
- its search engine
- all of its contents, including but not limited to:
- Software elements,
- Works (texts, graphics, logos, drawings, images, sounds and music, etc.), in any format whatsoever, including but not limited to the Internet, mobile phones, mobile phones, etc., in any format whatsoever;
- Videos presenting the activity and actions of SAYENS;
- Trademarks, corporate names, commercial names,
- Designs and Models,
- Communication tools.
The elements listed above are referred to hereinafter as “Protected Elements”.
The Protected Elements are, depending on the case, the exclusive property of SAYENS or of a third party.
The User is forbidden from, without this list being exhaustive, in particular:
- reproducing, copying, modifying, creating a derivative work, assembling, recreating, distributing, presenting, representing, broadcasting, publicly displaying, transferring, transmitting, publishing, selling, attributing, sub-licensing, transferring, making available to a third party, commercializing, in any way whatsoever, all or part of Protected Elements,
- reverse engineering, decompiling, adapting, translating, arranging, disassembling or attempting in any way to discover the source code of Protected Elements,
- modifying, altering all or part of Protected Elements.
The User is informed that any violation of the above provisions constitutes (depending on the case) an infringement and/or an act of unfair competition and/or an act of parasitism causing serious harm to SAYENS, and engages its liability.
b. Protection of the Databases
The Databases are protected by copyright, notably as Protected Elements.
The User is informed of the extent of the investments made by SAYENS in order to develop its Databases.
The User is informed that SAYENS has taken the initiative in the creation and development of its Databases, in particular its database of technology offers.
The User is informed that, in addition to SAYENS’ capacity as the author of Databases of an original nature, the latter has the capacity of producer of the Databases and has the rights conferred upon it in this respect by the Intellectual Property Code.
In its capacity as producer of the Databases, SAYENS forbids the User from:
- (i) extracting, by permanent or temporary transfer of all or a qualitatively or quantitatively substantial part of the content of the Databases onto another medium, by any means and in any form whatsoever,
- (ii) reusing, by making available to the public all or a qualitatively or quantitatively substantial part of the contents of its Databases, in any form whatsoever,
- (iii) repeatedly and systematically extracting or reusing qualitatively or quantitatively insubstantial parts of the contents of the Databases beyond the normal conditions of use of these Databases.
9. Personal data of the User
SAYENS undertakes to process the User’s personal data in compliance with the applicable regulations.
10. Cessation of operation of the Sayens Site
SAYENS is free to cease operation of its Sayens Site at any time and for any reason whatsoever.
11. SAYENS is not responsible for the use of the Sayens Site
SAYENS is not responsible for difficulties in accessing or connecting to all or part of the Sayens Site, for unavailability, for temporary malfunctions affecting all or part of the Sayens Site, and for changes in access to all or part of the Sayens Site without prior notice, for whatever reason.
12. Modification of the Conditions